Monday, July 20, 2009

+ i am a lady. write me a love letter. +



"You are well! You think of me! You will always love me. I believe you: now I am happy. I live again. How impatiently I waited for your letter! I am sure my hands trembled when opening it. My countenance changed; my voice altered. I was just at that moment about to send you a letter expressing my great uneasiness. While you are amusing yourself, you forget how much my heart suffers...

Adieu, my dearest love. My affection for you is ardent and sincere. I would love you even more than I do, if I knew how."

- written to Sophie Volland, Au Grandval, Oct 20, 1759 by Denis Diderot


- - -

this print now available for sale on my etsy shop.

4 comments:

oh, hello friend. said...

love the print.
love your blog.

xo.
danni

Andrew said...

"I would love you even more than I do, if I knew how." - it makes me sad that people don't say things like this anymore. not because they don't know how, but because people in this world don't seem to have the capacity for that much sincerity and vulnerability.

Lauralee said...

This is so beautiful and beautiful photo.

Lauralee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

i love your comments. it's nice to know you read and care, so leave me one and i'll do my best to say hello.

i always want to know who is reading my blog, so i can browse yours.

love love.