Wednesday, June 30, 2010

+ saying things that need to be said +



This post is for my brother, Kevin. I've been spending so much time lately reminding the whole world to love more, and I don't want to miss out on the love I personally need to get out in the open. :)

There are very few people that you can be 100% yourself around, swinging wildly back and forth from sobbing with laughter from years old inside jokes to somber life confessions, and then right back to more laughter triggered by something communicated just by your eyes. Kevin is one of these people for me, and I love him dearly.



Kevin: There is nothing I treasure more than you. Your friendship and brotherhood and heart are three things absolutely invaluable to me. You can consider yourself one of my closest friends, and nothing makes me more excited than to anticipate having this with you for the rest of our lives. I have more fun with you than with any other guy I know. I love how outrageously excited you are to see me every single time; there are few feelings better than knowing your presence is truly wanted. I am so proud of you for your diligence, your faith, your excitement, your sense of humor, your desire to be the best that you can, your generosity that puts everyone to shame, and your love for others. I have prayed one thing for you, consistently, and that is that you would seek Love over all else. Seeing that prayer be answered brings me so much happiness.

Watching the way you have treated past girlfriends constantly challenges and reminds me to never settle; I have yet to meet someone that treats his girl as well as you do. I notice every single time you sacrifice something for me, hold a door open for me, protect me from something, or go out of your way to make me laugh. The wisdom that comes out of your mouth when you seek God never fails to surprise me and bless me. I have witnessed the love of Jesus in you, and I wish there were words to explain how thankful I am for how you have loved me. You have kept my head above water many, many times. I have also witnessed an supernatural humility in you as you have sought to apologize and reconcile relationships with your friends; you will never know how much I respect you for this.

You have had life harder than most for an 18 year old, and yet you are still one of the happiest people I know. I hate watching the downswings, when you feel like giving up, and feel as though you cannot see any reward for your hard work. I can see it. It is one of the most painful things to watch for me, and I would give anything for your daily life to be easier for you. Please know that I help you as much as I can. You are resilient. Remember that. Never forget that your worth comes from who you are, and not just what you do. I have watched you grow stronger and wiser and more balanced over the last several months, and I am so proud of you for this. I respect you for your overwhelming desire and effort to be a good man. You have an incredible heart, and I consider you as one of my greatest gifts - life without you is something I can't imagine.

Love love love!

- Big Sis

14 comments:

Paige Baker said...

I love this post so much.
I don't have words...which I guess is probably better.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful,x

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt and beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us all. xoxo

Elle Sees said...

i'm doing a post for my sister on saturday! so sweet.

Hipstercrite said...

very sweet. made me well up. i wish i had a sibling and that i loved as much as you do.

P Han said...

I love, I love! I have a sister too.

Nate St. Pierre said...

I don't need to leave a comment here - I talk to you every day.

Wow, I just realized that I talk to you every day.

And I count myself blessed for it.

Lance said...

So touching and meaningful. Lauren, you shine what LOVE is all about...

susie @newdaynewlesson said...

That is so beautiful. You are both very lucky.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That was just beautiful! I need to tell my lil' sis how much she enriches my life too!

Lauren Nicole said...

i still love reading this because it's so beautiful and wonderful, how close the two of you are. you two are just..awesome, really and it's so neat that you can be so close and connected without it being weird. there have been a lot of brother/sister relationships seen that were just downright WEIRD. but you, lauren and kevin lankford are awesome, so your relationship is awesome as well. ;] basically: you two are really adorable and lovely and there should be a sitcom about your lives together. <3
- L

Amber said...

This is so beautiful.
Family is the best.
You're heart is so sweet, I love it.

Just me said...

This is so beautiful!

Jenna said...

*i <3 this!*

Post a Comment

i love your comments. it's nice to know you read and care, so leave me one and i'll do my best to say hello.

i always want to know who is reading my blog, so i can browse yours.

love love.