Instagram can do a much better job telling you about my life for the last couple weeks, so I'm going to let it do the talking:
I've been trying oh-so-very hard to answer anonymous questions on AskLauren in a way that reflects not the rules and black and whites that we fall prey to, but rather the heart and character of God. If you'd like to read any of my answers to the latest questions, I'm glad to share them:
1. What does "submit" mean in marriage? Are men responsible for their wife's sin like my college ministry leader said?
2. Is the birth control pill a form of abortion? What's the best method of family planning?
3. Why do we get to control when we have kids instead of leaving it up to God?
4. Is it wrong for a Christian woman to masturbate?
5. Is it okay for Christian married couples to have anal sex?
6. What are good books of the Bible to read that deal with loneliness?
7. Where do we draw the line between expecting and praising men for their good behavior?
8. What are good books to read that deal with your value and worth as a woman? I keep comparing myself to other women and it's so destructive.
9. How do I turn down a guy, tell him to leave me alone, or tell him I'm not comfortable with his sexual flirting without hurting his feelings?
10. I'm stuck in a very strict church and I struggle to decide if I want to spend the rest of my life this way in church. I feel like I have the life I'm supposed to live, and the life I want to live. What should I do?
11. I want to date this guy exclusively, but he doesn't want to commit to be my boyfriend. He wants to still see other women without feeling like he's cheating. Advice?
- - -
Massive exhale. So there you have it. If you're on Instagram, please follow me!! I'm laurennicolelove. Max and I are leaving Portland right after Thanksgiving to drive down the west coast and spend a little bit more time in Los Angeles before heading back to Ohio to spend Christmas & New Years with his family (!!!). I'm so excited to be traveling again, and to be heading back to the hot hot heat. Also, the pictures on Instagram will be awesommmee.
Oh and one more thing. It's been an intense month leading up the Good Women Project. We've been sharing stories on pornography and our experience with it as women: our own addictions, our significant other's, and how it's affecting our lives. Please come join us.