Friday, June 17, 2011

A Letter To The Girl Without A Father & Etc.

I have a confession.

I cannot function without a father.

I have a second confession.

I used to love God because it was the right thing to do. Now I love Him because I am desperate for a Dad.

I have a third confession. A confession that mocks the Devil.

I believe that Daddy Issues are a gift.


I am not too proud to say that I am a woman who now knows she would not have sought God any other way.

I am not too proud to say that it took the world shattering pain of my father’s absence to bring me to an empty parking lot in the middle of the night at age 19, 14 years after I was saved, where I began to Love my God.

Love him like I loved my father. Needed him like I needed my father. Wanted him like I wanted my father.



- - -


My previous posts for Deeper Story: Love Was The Plan, The Most Important Thing, & Losing Everything.

I was also honored to write for POTSC (People Of The Second Chance) this week: I Was A Prostitute.

We are wrapping up the month on Body Image & Beauty at Good Women Project. Yesterday was Part One of An Eating Disorder, & today's post is Part Two. July's topic will be Let's Talk About Sex. If you want to share your story, please email me at goodwomenproject [at] gmail.com. <3

Join me on Facebook: LaurenNicoleLove & Good Women Project

Follow me on Twitter: @laurenlankford & @goodwomenproj

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love your comments. it's nice to know you read and care, so leave me one and i'll do my best to say hello.

i always want to know who is reading my blog, so i can browse yours.

love love.