Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Reminder For When We Forget.

This is a reminder that God does see you.

And He does love you.

And He does know that you are trying, and trying hard.

This is a reminder that the fight is worth it, particularly when it's painful.

And that the women you admire are worth admiring because of their scars.

And that Jesus sees your scars before anyone else does. While they're still raw wounds.

This is a reminder that tomorrow comes.

That you are beautiful.

That everyone feels alone; it isn't just you.

This is a reminder that Jesus is closer than blood. That "healing" isn't a church-word. That when He feels absent, compassionless, and silent, He is still the great I AM.

This is a reminder that you have been saved.

That you have been re-made.

That you have been re-named.

That when God reached down from heaven and wiped the mud and dirt and sin and sludge off of your heart and soul, he made a commitment to see you as innocent as the day you were born - for eternity.

This is a reminder that you were created to be desperate for His love.

So act like you're desperate for it.

6 comments:

justine. said...

I seriously couldn't have needed this at a more perfect time on a more perfect day in a more perfect week.
incredible.
thank you for the reminder.

Just me said...

You are wonderful. Thanks Lauren x x

Sarah said...

Your posts are inspiring and your story is beautiful. I'm sure you have touched many lives and I hope you continue to speak truth and love in this new chapter of your life. All the best :)

diana said...

LOVE this one, Lauren. Thank you. And so many blessings to you and Max as you build a life together - it's worth every sacrifice, every tough moment, every doubt, everything. 45 years and countless times of both heartache and deep joy later, I can honestly say jumping in with both feet at age 20 was the best decision I ever made. May you say the same 45 years from now.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone could stand to hear this everyday. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

I needed to hear this. Thank you for reminding me of how loved I truly am.

Post a Comment

i love your comments. it's nice to know you read and care, so leave me one and i'll do my best to say hello.

i always want to know who is reading my blog, so i can browse yours.

love love.